Monday, December 11, 2006

iWrite 2007

I found this wonderfully interesting event on Facebook. Since a lot of you don't have facebook accounts, here is the description given:

On January 3rd 2007, I will be arriving to a local 24 hours restaurant. At 5pm I will begin writing, and continue writing for 72 hours with the goal of creating "200" pages of a one-of-a-kind, individual, irreplaceable work, before 5pm of January 6th 2007. This is not just something for writers, but for anyone who has any emotions, ideas, or concerns for themselves, their friends, or their family. It is what ever you can write about, no one will grade it, criticize it, or even look at it if you don't want them to, no matter what you write you can prove to yourself that you have done something unbelievable and have something to show for it. This is an opportunity to push your body, mentally, physically, and find out how far your imagination will run when you let it. Wherever you are, I recommend you, I insist you, I suggest you, I advise you, I urge you, I direct you, I beg you, To be a part of something never before done. Invite as many people as you can, these friends are your muses, the more people, the more ideas floating, the more influence, the more connected the world can be. I will be trying to video tape the entire experience in my area. What will you do? Are you up to it? Do you have what it takes?
This idea intrigues me. Although, I really don't think that i'd like to do this in a 24-hour cafe (too many distractions), I will be partaking in my own version over the christmas break. I will pick 3 days and write 200 pages within those 3 days. It will be extra hard to stay focused because i will have my mother there to try to get me to do chores (joys of going home of the holidays, right?), but I can do it.

There is some stuff that I have been meaning to write about lately, and this will give me the opportunity to do that.

So, will you join iWrite 2007? Pick 3 days and over those 3 days try to write 200 pages. It doesn't matter what is on those 200 pages. They won't be graded. They won't even be read by others if you don't want them to be. Freewrite to your heart's content. I plan to post some highlights here in my blog.

Horizontal Rule


0 comments:

Horizontal Rule
Horizontal Rule